A Soup-erior Green Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 2 large kale leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful of spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 swiss chard leaves, plus stems, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups (375 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 kale leaves and 4 tbsp pine nuts or slivered almonds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Wash and prepare vegetables as instructed.
- Heat oil in medium pot and sauté the leek and garlic over low to medium heat until soft.
- While the leek and garlic cook, line a baking tray and rub oil into the 2 leaves of kale for garnish, salt lightly and bake in oven for 10-15 mins, or until crispy. Add the nuts in for the last 6 minutes to toast lightly.
- Add in the zucchini, leafy greens and basil and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and season to taste. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once cooked, use a stick blender and blend the soup to form a smoother texture or pour into a blender and blend smooth.
- Garnish with the crispy kale and toasted nuts and serve immediately.
Serve with Love 🙂