Mango is ever first choice in all dishes.. We can make it as pickle, sambar, parota, Like that we can make it as variety of rice also. It is very very delicious and can enjoy your occassion in very traditional manner.
Let’s have a look towards the preparation of Mango Rice. Even bachelors can also do this very simply.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup (cooked)
- Mango – 1 cup (Grated)
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Channa Dal – 1 tsp
- Ginger – small amount (chopped)
- Red Chillies – 2,Green Chillies – 2
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
Process: soak rice in water for 10mnts.
- Heat oil in a pan, pop mustard seeds, Urad dal and Channa dal.
- Add Chopped ginger, Red chillies , Green chillies, Curry leaves and Turmeric powder.
- Add Grated Mango, Salt and saute well till mango is tender.
- Add Cooked rice and mix well. .
- Garnish with coriander(optional). Mango rice is ready to be served.
You can add peanuts, cashew nuts also for more taste. Add Green mirch more for more spicy.
Serve with Love 🙂