Falooda is one the best layered dessert Indian falooda recipe has evolved into various flavors like saffron, pista, mango, strawberry, chocolate, rabri etc. Fruit falooda is also very popular where the basic falooda recipe is layered with fresh cut fruits.
- Thick Milk – 2 cups.
- Jelly – 1/2 cup, cubed (raspberry or strawberry)
- Rose syrup – 5-6 tbsps (or rooh afsa)
- Falooda seeds – 1 tsp (sabja/basil seeds) soak in 1/3 cup water for 20-30 mts
- Falooda sev – 1/2 cup
- Pistachios – 5, sliced
- ALmonds – 4, sliced
- Vanilla ice cream – 4 scoops
- Cherries – 2, for garnish (optional)
- Vermicelli (option)
- Bring milk to boil and simmer till it reduces to 1 1/2 cups. Turn off flame and bring to room temperature. Add 1 1/2 to 2 tbsps of rose syrup to the milk and mix. Chill until use.
- Make jelly by following the instructions on the packet. Cool and refrigerate. Once cool, cut into small cubes and set aside.
- Make falooda sev by following the link provided above. Place in cold water and refrigerate until use.
- Soak falooda seeds in water for 30 mts and allow to bloom. Set aside.
- Chill the serving glasses in the fridge for half an hour.
- To assemble falooda: Take the chilled serving glass and add a generous tbsp of rose syrup or rooh afsa.
- Add 2 tbsps of jelly cubes, followed by 2 heaped tbsps of bloomed falooda seeds.
- Next layer with 1/4 cup of falooda sev/noodles. Slowly pour the chilled rose milk till 3/4th of the glass. Next add two scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Finally drizzle some rose syrup, garnish with sliced nuts and a cherry. Serve immediately to avoid the ice cream from melting and over flowing.
- You can add friend Vermicelli which gives more taste.
You can add Fresh fruits also for more taste.
Serve with Love 🙂