Friends today we are trying to do shankarpali . you can prepare that nice sweeeet yummy sweet and can store it in air tight container and enjoy them for the next few weeks as a snack or with tea.
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Bread crumbs- 2 or 3 bread slices
Oil- for deep frying
lets start step by step sweet shankarpali recipe:
1. first powder ½ cup sugar in a dry grinder.
2. sieve 1.5 cup all purpose flour/maida, a pinch of salt and powdered sugar. mix in the ½ cup rava/sooji/semolina. add 2 tbsp melted ghee or warm oil.
note – use 2 tbsp ghee or oil for making fried shankarpali and 3 tbsp ghee or oil for making baked shankarpali
3. with your fingertips rub the ghee or oil in the flour mixture and make a breadcrumb like consistency. the whole mixture when gathered should hold itself up like the pic below.
4. add warm milk in intervals while kneading.
5. knead to a tight dough. keep aside covered for 20-30 mins at room temperature.
6. divide the dough into two parts and roll each part into a circle of about 6-7 inches in diameter.
7. with a knife or pizza cutter, make diamond shapes from the dough. discard the edges and join them together with the other piece of dough.
8.drop the diamond shaped shankarpali gently in medium hot oil.
9. gently fry the shankarpali till golden.
10. remove from slotted spoon and drain shankarpali on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil.
11. for baking, place the shankarpali in a baking tray keeping space in between. bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees C for 20-25 mins. below is a pic of the baked shankarpali. once baked remove and cool them on a wire rack.
12. when cooled, store the shankarpali in an air-tight container or jar.
Serve with Love