Sun-burn is most common problem in summer season in both males and females. It is almost affect to kids and adults. skin becomes red and starts irritation slowly it becomes painful to bear while expose to sun.
So many creams are available in market but all are for temporary purpose only. Again they start irritation and burning sensation after some particular period. We have to remove it from root for that we are giving few tips which you can do in your home.
1) First and important tip is WATER .Drink required amount of water in time. Don’t take too cool or chilled water. If it is possible for for pot water if not normal water . don’t prefer cool drinks or juices when you feel thirsty.
Water helps in offsetting the swelling and dehydration which are caused by over exposure to sun.
2) Take normal bath not with hot water or ice cold water). You can add baking soda, oat meals or sandalwood. Chamomile and lavender oil can also added to the water for the soothing effect after the sunburn.
3) Avoid using soap and pat dry your skin instead of rubbing. Use herbal bath powders for soft and allergy-free skin .Now for extra painful spots of sunburn you can use slices of cucumber and potato to gently rub the area. This is a very effective home remedy for sunburn relief as cucumber and potato contains compounds that cool the burn.
4) Applying cool compresses to the sunburn area is also recommended you can also use cool tea bags on the affected area to heal the sunburn.
5) Vinegar also helps in healing pain itching and inflammation caused due to sun burn. Apply vinegar by soaking it in sheets of paper towel. Leave it until dry and then repeat the process as needed and get relief from sunburn.
6) Use pure soft cottom towels to clean body . Use cotton hankies or napkins instead of synthetic.
7) Appling aloevera gel is the most accepted home remedy for relief in sunburn. Aloevera has wonderful medical properties especially for sunburn relief.
8) .Essential oils such as sandalwood, lavender and chamomile can used as home remedy for sunburn. They gives relief in treating pain linked to sun burn . You should add 20 drops of each in your bathtub and soak the burnt part for 20 minutes in it. .
9.)You can apply milk on the burnt part with a dab of cotton. Milk has proven to be very effective in home remedy in sunburn.
10).To reduce the redness and inflammation you can also use lavender essential oil. You should mix 5 drops of lavender essential oil and 10 ml wheat germ oil. After that apply on the effective area. It is very effective and give sunburn relief immediately
The sunburn is completely healed only with time in the lap of mother nature. However you can minimise the effect of sunburn by using the above home remedies for sunburn relief.
Don’t prick the spots. Take normal diet instead of hard foods.
Drink Coconut water, barley, buttermilk to cool the internal body temperature.( take only if you are allergy free after consulting your doctor)
Don’t take spicy foods and sweets both can irritate the sores and pain too.
Don’t expose to sun more. Use spectacles while going out and wear scarf.
If the pain irritates more and it bleeds don’t hesitate to consult doctor.