Let’s start your day by preparing this delicious Sweet
- 1 1/2 Cups – Anjeer or Dried Figs
- 1 Cup – Khajoor/Dates
- 1/3 Cup – Almonds/Badam
- 1/3 Cup – Cashew nuts/Kaju
- 1/3 Cup – Walnut/Akharot
- 1/3 Cup – Pistachio/Pista
- 1/3 Cup – Raisins/Kismiss
- 1 tbsp – Gulkand (optional)
- 1/2 tsp – Cardamom Powder/Elachi
- 1/4 tsp – Nutmeg Powder/Jayaphala
- Any other dried fruits upto your choice
- 1 tbsp – Ghee
Method of Preparation:
- Soak Anjeer/ dried fruits in warm water for about 10-15 mnts.
- Later strain water and keep them on cotton cloth to make them dry.
- Now finely chop almonds, cashewnuts, raisins, walnut, pista and dates. You can also pulse in food processor or mixer but don’t make it powder, we need nuts in pieces
- Grind anjeer/figs to smooth paste, but don’t add water.
Heat ghee and add anjeer paste mix well and saute for a minute. Now add chopped dates and mix well, cook for 2 minutes.Add Chopped dry fruits and mix everything well. Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, gulkand and mix everything well, cook for a minute and off flame.
- Take a plate or tray with greased butter paper and pour burfi mixture, level well with spatula and later with butter paper, allow mixture to cook completely.
- You can also add 1/3 Cup of desiccated coconut and 1/3 Cup poppy seeds.
- If you don’t have sliver warq then garnish burfi with desiccated coconut or poppy seeds.
- Spread rose petals on cutted pieces for more tate. U can make it round or u can cut it as cake. Its ur wish.
- Don’t make all dry fruits in to powder but keep it coarse or in small pieces.
- Serve with Love