Friends not only with Gulab jamoon powder we can prepare Gulab jamoon with out powder also .
Milk powder, yogurt, sugar and water to make a basic gulab jamun at home.
1 cup of Milk powder
- ¼ cup all purpose flour or maida
- 1 tsp oil or ½ tsp ghee
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1 to 2 tbsp yogurt
- a few blanched pistachio or almond slices for garnishing
Preparation of sugar syrup:
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups sugar
- 3-4 green cardamoms, husked & crushed or powdered
- a pinch of saffron/kesar (optional)
preparing the sugar solution:
- mix water, sugar, cardamom and saffron.
- keep this sugar solution on fire and cook till you get a syrup consistency.
- there should be no thread formation in the sugar solution.
- stir in the rose water and keep aside.
- first mix the milk powder, all purpose flour, soda in a bowl.
- add oil or ghee and just 1 tbsp of yogurt.
- mix and keep on adding little of the yogurt to get a soft sticky mixture.
- the dough should not be crumbly or dry. if it is then add some yogurt
- make smooth small balls from the dough.
- heat the oil and the reduce the flame to low.
- add the balls and fry them stirring often to get even color.
- when they become golden, remove from a slotted spoon and add them to the sugar syrup.
- let them soak in the sugar syrup for atleast 1-2 hours.
- gulab jamuns can be served warm or cold. serve gulab jamun topped with sugar syrup.
Garnish them with almonds, cashew fried pieces.
Serve with Love 🙂